1st August - 24th August2017
Prizes Worth Rs. 1,00,000/-
6 WinnersHurry up, register!
- iQuizz will give students a taste of the timebound quiz that is akin to the exam pattern. It has short quizzes of 12 questions that will test you on GK, Verbal, Quantitative Ability and DI-LR to brace you for the next phase of your competitions. This is your time to brace yourself and win handsome prizes on the way. Think fast and comment faster!!
- iArticulate is a one of a kind video case summary writing competition where the aspirants get a taste of the different and interesting learning method used in a business school. Here you get a chance to use your knowledge and creativity to understand a real-life situation. So, let the mind games begin!!
- iAptitude is the platform that every aspirant is looking for. Mock papers on the format of SNAP is organised to get the students going on the right path. This will take place over the course of 3 days and help the students understand the pattern better. So, book a date and begin your preparation well
- iSyndicate is the final leg of the iAspire journey. Where you get to work in teams with a mentor and a team, to solve a real-life business case. Under the guidance of an SIBM student you get to learn and understand the intricacies of the complex business environment
- After the tireless determination, the aspirants have put into various competitions of iAspire 2017, it’s time to felicitate them with a grand welcome to the SIBM, Pune campus to interact with students and faculty of SIBM Pune and win lots of prizes.
About the Event
The Aspirant Relations Team at SIBM, Pune is proud to presents to you , a National Level Business School competition iASPIRE 2017. After four successful seasons of connecting with aspirants across the country, we are back with another season of brainstorming, business challenges and much more. Through a series of events conducted under iAspire, we offer the aspirants a glimpse into the life of an MBA student.
iAspire begins on 1st August 2017 with iQuiz, a time bound online series quizzes on Verbal ability, Data interpretation, Quantitative ability and Logical reasoning and General knowledge. Along with testing your grasp on these concept, we bring to you B-Gyaan, a daily dose of tricks and fundas to help you learn easy and quick. 12 daily winners of iQuiz will be rewarded with gift vouchers.
It’s time to brush up your writing skills as we bring to you iArticulate, a summary writing competition on 5tht August 2017, where the students will learn to analyse and interpret real world business scenarios and problems, provided to them in the form of video documentaries where they will give their opinions about the same. The winners from this competition get a direct entry to the finale competition of iAspire 2017, the iSyndicate.
iAspire introduces mock SNAP test, iAptitude to help aspirants get an edge in their competitive exam preparations. The online mock will be conducted in 3 different time slots from 14th to 16th August 2017. The top 130 performers along with winners of iQuiz and iArticulate will be shortlisted for appearing in the finale round iSyndicate which starts on 18th August 2017, a prestigious mentored business case solution competition where the aspirants will get mentored and groomed by the students of SIBM, Pune to come up with a viable and effective solution to the business scenario given to them. Results for iSyndicate will be announced on 25th August 2017.
The winners of iSyndicate will be invited to spend a Day at SIBM Pune, getting to see the culture and academia of the college like never before. The winning teams of mentors and mentees will be awarded cash prizes and rewards at the felicitation ceremony held at SIBM, Pune.
iAspire 2016 starts with Inscribe’16, a précis writing competition that is introduced this year, from 02nd August 2016. BizQuotient, an online quiz, conducted over a period of one week on the iAspire Facebook page starts from 03rd August 2016. At the end of Inscribe’16 and BizQuotient’16, 10 cumulative scorers will be shortlisted to the next round of iAspire and these entries will be chosen based on the speed and accuracy of their responses. These 10 aspirants will get direct entry into the main event of iAspire 2016.
For the selection of the remaining 90 aspirants, a preliminary aptitude test consisting of quantitative aptitude, verbal ability, logical reasoning and general knowledge questions will be conducted on the 14th August 2016. The aptitude test is modelled on the lines of an MBA entrance exam. This will benefit aspirants as they will get a feel of the examinations environment and will be able to identify their strengths and weaknesses while testing.
The 100 shortlisted aspirants, who have successfully qualified to the next round of the competition, will be assigned students from SIBM Pune as mentors. Mentors will subsequently reach out to the aspirants to explain, facilitate and guide them through the next phases of the event, the case study challenge. Based on the aggregate performance in the quizzes and the case study report, six aspirants along with three SIBM Pune mentors will be selected as the winners of the event and the results will be declared on 24th August 2016.
Based on the aggregate performance in the quizzes and the case study report nine aspirants along with three SIBM Pune mentors will be selected as the winners of the event.
iAspire is an event initiated by the Aspirant Relations Team of Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune in 2013. The event began on 1st August 2015 with BizQuotient, an online quiz that was conducted over 10 days, wherein three questions were posted daily for the aspirants to solve and 20 wild card entries were selected. A series of online aptitude tests were conducted between 14th and 16th August 2015.
The aptitude test consisted of questions ranging from quantitative aptitude, verbal, logical reasoning and general knowledge. Out of the 1300 aspirants who appeared, 150 were selected to participate in the main event of iAspire along with the 20 winners of BizQuotient.
The final event started from 22nd August 2015 onwards, where aspirants worked with the help of mentors to solve the case studies allotted to them. The final solution was submitted for evaluation on 24th August 2015. The final winners were chosen based on their cumulative performance in the industry analysis and case study.
Coffee with SIBM
Coffee with SIBM is an informal interactive event conceptualized and conducted by the Aspirant Relations Team of SIBM Pune wherein seminars are conducted for aspirants to connect with students of SIBM Pune. The 10th edition of Coffee with SIBM was conducted in 19 venues across 17 cities in India. It was attended by more than 6000 aspirants and was a highly appreciated initiative. This event provides an opportunity to the aspirants to clear all their queries and gain valuable information from students who have undergone the same process in the previous year and made it to SIBM Pune.
The sessions were conducted in two phases: 5th-6th and 12th -13th December 2015. The cities covered during Coffee with SIBM 2015 were
The Aspirant Relations Team
Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune is a premier B-School of India recognized for its excellence in academics, high quality management programme and its valuable contributions to industry, society and students. SIBM, Pune was established in 1978. SIBM, Pune currently offers the following programs:
- A two-year full time MBA programme giving the options to specialize in Marketing, Finance, Operations and Human Resources (Admission through SNAP).
- A two-year full time MBA programme in Innovation and Intrapreneurship (Admission through SNAP).
- Executive MBA programme and One year Post Graduate Diploma Programmes for the working professionals offered during the weekends.
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma programmes for corporates, as per the requirements of the corporate houses.
The essential strong pillars of SIBM Pune are its illustrious alumni, exemplary students, outstanding full time faculty and numerous visiting faculty members from the corporate and industry. SIBM, Pune is a student driven institute. The student’s council consists of nine teams namely - Alumni Team, Aspirant Relations Team, Corporate Interface Team, Co-Curricular Team, Information Systems & Media Relations Team, Placement Advisory Team, Research and Scholastic Development Team, Social Entrepreneurship and Consulting Cell and Sports Management Team. The student’s council organizes a number of events, management competitions as well as cultural and sports activities like Arcturus, Coffee with SIBM, Encore, Imperio, National Alumni Meet, Transcend, Blueprint, Entrepreneurship Summit, Sports Conclave etc. SIBM, Pune ensures that its alumni community stays well connected with the college. Several events are organized wherein the alumni interact with the students and share their corporate experiences. A very short list of our illustrious alumni is:
- Mr Suneet Kumar Maheshwari-MD & CEO L&T Infrastructure Finance Co. Ltd (Batch of 1981)
- Mr Ravi Menon - Managing Director, HSBC Securities and Capital Markets (India) Private Limited (Batch of 1981)
- Mr Ashish Bagga - CEO, India Today Group (Batch of 1983)
- Mr Jitendra Paturkar - GM, HR Cummins India Ltd (Batch of 1994)
- Mr Mohit James - Director-HR, L’Oreal India (Batch of 1994)
The students of SIBM Pune not only win accolades in various national and international competitions but also organize national and international conference symposiums. The following list provides a glimpse of the same:
- National Finalist, L'Oréal Brandstorm 2016
- Campus Winner, ITC Interrobang Case Challenge 2015
- National Winner, Novartis Biotechnology Leadership Camp 2015
- National Winner, Novartis Biotechnology Leadership Camp – 2015
- National Finalist, Henkel Innovation Challenge 8 – 2015
- National Finalist, Titan Elevate 2015 & 2014
- National Finalist, Coca Cola Showcase, 2015 & 2014
- National Finalist, Deloitte Maverick Team 2015 & 2013
- Winners, Godrej Loud 2015, 2014 & 2013
- National Finalist, Telenor Youth Forum 2014
- National Winner, NHRD Young HR Icon Award, 2014
- National Runners Up, Uninor Internet for All Challenge, 2014
- National Winners, HUL Carpe Diem, 2014
- National Winners, Valhalla, XLRI, July 2014
- Organizer of International Research Conference on Innovative Business Strategies 2014
- National Winners in GE Genius 2013
- National Winners in Asian Paints Canvas 2013
- Winner of CFA Research Challenge (Zonal)
The companies that come to the campus offers diverse profiles across verticals and functional domains including Investment Banking, Project Finance, Equity Research, Corporate Treasury, Business Advisory and Strategy, Compensation & Benefits, Industrial Relations, Organization & Talent, Sales, Marketing, SCM Consulting, Logistics, Operational Research and Technology Advisory. The students of SIBM Pune continue to prove their mettle thereby strengthening the brand of the college in the corporate world. SIBM Pune, with its picturesque campus, state of art infrastructure and meritorious students continues to be one of the leaders in management education.
Website : www.sibm.edu
Alumni List : http://www.sibm.edu/welcome/alumni
Students Achievements : http://www.sibm.edu/welcome/students_achievements
Life at SIBM Pune : http://blog.sibmpune.edu.in